ALTRA Provision 8 Women’s
The Altra Provision 8 running shoe provides overpronation support via GuideRail™ technology. The cushioning means the Provision 8 is a great shoe for new runners looking for everyday comfort and longer, slower runs for the more experienced.
The Altra Provision 8 has an engineered mesh upper for plenty of breathability, useful on longer trips and an updated molded heel collar that adds to that secure, supported feel. The heel to forefoot drop of 0mm is brilliant for encouraging a more midfoot landing, better posture and overall improved form. The Provision 8 weighs in light, around 290g, despite the impressive level of cushioning and support technology.
The Altra Ego midsole has a great level of energy return, ensuring the higher stack height Provision 8 does not feel “soggy” when you want to push on, and Altra use what they call Innerflex, which are carefully placed groves to maximise flexibility where you need it.
- FOOTSHAPE™: The signature FootShape™ comfort gives your feet more space to sit naturally and is designed to address biological differences in men’s and women’s feet.
- BALANCED CUSHIONING™: Balanced Cushioning™ platform positions your heel and forefoot at an equal distance from the ground, encouraging better alignment and better form.
- ALTRA EGO™: Altra EGO™ foam is designed to provide added energy return and a responsive, yet soft, comfortable feel.
- INNERFLEX™: These grid-like grooves in the midsole are designed to provide flexibility and movement.
- GUIDERAIL™: The GuideRail™ acts like a supportive highway guide rail that encourages natural foot placement by providing guidance, but only when it’s needed.
- Category: Support
- Terrain: Road
- Drop: 0mm
- Weight: 290g approx.
The drop of a shoe is the difference in height between the heel and forefoot. The greater the drop, the steeper the angle between your heel and forefoot.
For example, when barefoot, the heel and forefoot touch the ground at the same level: drop is 0. At the other end of the scale, when wearing high heels, the drop is much greater.