BROOKS Cascadia 17 GTX
Embrace mountain adventures in the Brooks Cascadia 17 GTX women’s trail-running shoe. Waterproof materials provide extra protection in wet conditions, while soft cushioning and enhanced stability deliver comfort for long days over varied terrain.
ALL-TERRAIN COMFORT / Extra stability
The new Trail Adapt System helps give runners better stability by combining three elements:
- First, there’s soft, lightweight DNA LOFT v2 cushioning that responds to both you and the trail surface.
- Next, there’s a protective plate inside that also helps the shoe adapt to varied terrain.
- Finally, strategically placed outsole pods respond to uneven ground.
- A new TrailTack® Green Rubber outsole is made of 25% recycled content and provides the traction you need to traverse slippery ground, rocky crags, or anything else on the trail.
DNA LOFT v2 provides soft cushioning for long-lasting comfort, even on tough terrain.
- Super soft, but never too squishy.
- Our cushioning technologies all start with DNA because they react to your unique stride.
- All-terrain stability
- Enhanced traction
- Soft cushioning
- Protective toe cap
- Durable mudguard
- Category: Neutral
- Terrain type : Trail / Hybrid
- Heel-toe drop: 8mm
- Weight: Men 11oz (311g)
- 54.2 % Recycled materials in the upper
- 9.42 Plastic bottles diverted from landfill
The drop of a shoe is the difference in height between the heel and forefoot. The greater the drop, the steeper the angle between your heel and forefoot.
For example, when barefoot, the heel and forefoot touch the ground at the same level: drop is 0. At the other end of the scale, when wearing high heels, the drop is much greater.
Sustainability: Our approach
At Brooks, we aim to reduce the impact that our running gear has on the planet. To do this, we’ve created our sustainable consumption strategy in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #12: Responsible Consumption & Production. We take a holistic approach, managing the impact of our products on the planet across their lifecycles, from raw materials all the way through to product use and end of life. We’ve identified key interventions to address that impact: we will minimise our reliance on non-renewable resources and use more sustainable materials in our product, minimise material waste generated during manufacturing, introduce a fully circular product and take responsibility for our product after its usable life.
To Shop for more Brooks Footwear, follow this link!