Features and benefits
The Kamleika was and still is the original stretch running waterproof. Running in the mountains in the rain throws up as many challenges for kit as it does for people. This is particularly true when designing a waterproof where a blend of properties must be achieved. We demand durability comfort stretch weather protective features low weight waterproofness and breathability all of which must be balanced in the perfect combination. The Kamleika is OMMs answer to this challenge. Updated for winter 2020 with a Nylon outer layer it is now more durable than ever.
- OMM have been perfecting stretch waterproofs for over 20 years – The fabric is the star in this jacket. OMM have been developing Kamleika stretch fabric for 20 years. It has unmatched amounts of stretch and breathability creating a jacket so comfortable you’ll find yourself wearing it even when the forecast is clear and you’ll be wishing for rain. This was achieved by switching the normally woven face of a jacket for a knitted face although challenges had to be overcome in allowing stretch in a membrane and bonding the two together.
- Mountaineering features on a running jacket:
- Kamleika has protective features not normally found on a lightweight waterproof shell giving you the confidence you need in the mountains.
- Adjustable volume peaked hood lets you sculpt the protection to meet the direction of the rain while the internal cradle holds it in place.
- Thumb loop system allows the sleeves to be pulled over the back of hands or sealed closed when not in use.
Dynamic droptail system to draw the jacket tight on the waist whilst retaining full coverage.
- The jacket that has done it all – Kamleika is an institution for mountain runners and one that they carry with them to the Spine Dragon s Back UTMB MDS OMM you name it. But by meeting the challenge in the toughest of races it is the perfect companion for daily life too.
- Weight: 265g
- Breathability: 20000 g/m2
- Hydrostatic head: 20000
- Material: Kamleika Nylon 4 Way stretch