ALTRA Lone Peak 8
The legend you know and love is back and better than ever. The Lone Peak 8 is ready for larger-than-life trail adventures so grab your pack and let’s go. We built it for more. More miles and more trails with a refined ripstop mesh upper for durability. A MaxTrac™ outsole gives you the sticky underfoot grip you need to take the trail less traveled with confidence. The Lone Peak 8 gives you a roomy toe box and zero drop, so you can move the way you were designed to. Add in a sprinkle of responsive yet comfortable Altra EGO™ midsole foam and you’ll be sitting (or thru-hiking, exploring, or trail running) pretty. Go big and get out there!
- Footshape™ Toe Box -Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- Balanced Cushioning™ platform – Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- Altra EGO™ -Dual-Nature midsole compound with a responsive, yet soft feel for increased energy return.
- Maxtrac™ – A perfect combination of grip, traction and durability that will eat up gnarly terrain like a boss.
- Category: Neutral
- Terrain: Trails
- Heel-toe drop: 0mm (25mm)
- Weight: 303 g / 10.7 oz
- Midsole: Altra EGO™
- Outsole: MaxTrac™
- Upper: Ripstop mesh
The drop of a shoe is the difference in height between the heel and forefoot. The greater the drop, the steeper the angle between your heel and forefoot.
For example, when barefoot, the heel and forefoot touch the ground at the same level: drop is 0. At the other end of the scale, when wearing high heels, the drop is much greater.