This is not a decision we’ve taken lightly. But we feel it is our only option, given the circumstances.
Due to national restrictions being extended beyond our planned race date, the changes we would have to make to the race, make the event unfeasible.
The narrow paths and lapped-course make wave starts and participant distancing impossible.
Any of you who have taken part in our race in previous years will have experienced its unique atmosphere with spectators and marshals supporting runners as they complete the three lap course on the perimeter path of Elvaston Castle Country Park. This simply wouldn’t have been possible this year.
So, we’ll regroup and look forward to putting on the event we all know and love in July 2022.
To those of you that had already entered; This leaves you with three options:
1. Defer until next year.
2. Request a refund.
3. Request your entry fee be donated equally to our charities.
To make your selection simply click through to the form here: https://forms.gle/31fKWRVBJbyWJqbg7.
Please note, that if you choose the refund option, we will need to contact you to arrange for this to be processed.
If we don’t hear from you by July 16th, we’ll assume you’d like your entry to be deferred to next year’s race.
Thank you all for your understanding and apologies once again. We’re as disappointed as you are!
Please direct any queries by email to email@example.com